Friday, August 27, 2010

Seventh Month Stretch

My belly is gettin big.

On some days, Nic will ask me when I'm going to look like all those pregnant ladies he's seen with huge bellies sticking out. And, when will I start holding my back and waddling around?

Hopefully.. not at all!

On other days when I say "I'm so fat!" he'll nod or verbally agree. Eh. I'm not sweatin it. Even in the monstrous humidity we've had this August, I've managed to stay pretty cool most of the time. As in, I am still trying to look pretty and cool at the same time. For me, the belly hasn't been much of a hindrance. Hooray!

Having a job is great for a pregnant woman because it forces you to maintain your appearance, even when you just want to give up. And it's not that hard to come up with something comfy and nice-looking, either. It only takes a little bit more planning.

I've come up with an awesome summer work outfit, and I have made many variations on it. It basically consists of short pants, a sleeveless top, a belt and shoes. Et voila! Best part is, everything can be interchanged, so there are tons of outfits in three pairs of pants, a few shirts and belts.









Pants


Obi

I made these pants out of linen, and then made the obi from the scraps! Why try to hide the belly? Draw attention to it! It's the (probably one time in your life) when you won't be worrying about what your stomach looks like. Enjoy it. =)
P.S. Another pregnancy bonus? The quickest-growing, strongest, prettiest fingernails ever! Check 'em out in the photo above.

3 comments:

  1. YOU LOOK GORGEOUS! What are you going to wear to the shower???? Can't wait to see what you come up with!
    You look so cute, don't worry, soon you will grunt when you bend over to pick something up... or you will just kick it around til Nic gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria...how are you?? you look so beautiful...and you are so right about the belly -
    right now; i'm in that "oh yes...Anne Marie...not sure if she's pregnant or just getting fat" point in the pregnancy

    can't wait to show off the baby belly!
    love the obi - especially since it's linen :)

    ReplyDelete

This fashionable follower said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails