Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fashion Victim

Now, that title's a two-parter.

For one, Gaga. Always, ALWAYS classy, here she is seen walking mournfully around London after hearing about Alexander McQueen's death. So, even though I'm not meaning to be so callous, he's sort of a fashion victim too, isn't he?

As for her... did it occur to her that maybe the nicest way to recognize publicly her friend's death was to maybe, I don't know, not walk around in a spotlight-stealing mangle of garish hair bows atop her noggin?

You know, throw on some of that traditional black and keep your fashion siren to a low moan instead of a high-pitched shreik?

It is for this and many other reasons that I am not famous; don't know how to relate to them, and I definitely don't know what they're thinking!


Bonus: You gotta love the fact that, despite her desperate attempts at stealing the spotlight at all times, Gaga's got nothing on Angelina Jolie's bangs. I mean, all the woman did was get some bangs (ahem - like someone else you know...) and she's plastered all over every celeb gossip page out there. I don't like her either, but the power of a haircut is some kind of celebrity poetic justice.

6 comments:

  1. Yea, I don't get that hairdo either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ got BANGS???? How did this happen and I did not hear of it??? Really, in light of everything else going on in the world, who should really even care?
    Now, YOUR bangs were something to talk about! Cute as can be on you....just wish the red came thru on photos, but I think you would look great with red hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww.. thanks Cyndi! I think maybe I'll do my hair much brighter next time; I'm just crazy enough to try it.

    Yeah, really, who gives a rip about the Jolie-Pitt hair updates? Ha, not me. But anything that upstages Gaga is funny to me because she tries SO hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to the States next month and getting my hair done to get my bangs back. Can't wait! I had a horrible experience getting my hair done here in France a couple of months ago and I'm not over it yet. I need my bangs!
    And love GaGa's music, but seriously, she needs to give some of that KA RAZY a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara Louise, I hope your stateside hair experience is a good one.. There is not much worse than getting a bad haircut... I know it grows out, but, dang! It still sucks that you have to wait for that!

    As for GaGa, well said. She is too much sometimes. I mean, at least wear some pants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie got bangs? What rock have I been under?

    ReplyDelete

This fashionable follower said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails