Thursday, February 18, 2010

Grey Day

This was weird. I was totally dressed for winter weather today - a long sleeve under a sweater, dark colors and overcoat - and then it turned out to be over 30 degrees! If you live in a warm place that probably sounds freezing to you but here in the midwest we call it a blessing this time of year!

My grey day turned out to be a sunny one, and my clothes made absolutely no sense! That, and the girl at work I replaced (she's still there, just with a different job) and with whom I am constantly being compared because of our similar features was ALSO wearing a grey sweater. That happens a lot with us, that we wear very similar clothing. Another reason I want to break out of my fashion habits! Heck, it's even the reason I dyed my hair recently.

But anyway...

The outfit really was kind of fresh, in an understated way. I made these pants into cigarette-style ones (like, I got rid of the flare they had) to make them more wearable. Funny how a change in width can change so much of a look.

Lastly, I'm not trying to look like I'm feeling myself up. Correction: I was not feeling myself up! Just trying to hold the coat closed. So yeah, just in case you thought there was anything weird going on. ?

Picture time!


Sorry for looking a little psycho! I simply cannot take a good photo of myself. Probably should improve on that unless I want to be headless like the last two posts. At least you're getting these awesome shots of my minimalist apartment!

9 comments:

  1. Come on, you know you looked so "like" cute you were trying to make out with yourself.
    LOVE THE LOOK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog and the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. k- i need the polka dot and yellow shoes...$?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tout simplement pour te dire que ce vĂȘtement te vas suuuuuppperr bien ! ! ! Et tu n'es pas mal non plus ! ! ! Merci grazie thanks ! ! !...)
    See you miss !...:)

    Ciao bella !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merci everyone! I think this blog is going to be really fun =)

    p.s. Can someone please help me to a) translate this French comment and b) reply graciously?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He says..."Simply to say that this garment suuuuuppperr! And you're not bad either!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Mark! How come everyone speaks French but me?? Ugh, I feel very uncultured...

    Merci, Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I need translation I go to google translate. I wish I could speak French too! I ran across this blog and it totally inspires me to shop thrift stores now, she puts together some really cute outfits.

    http://juniperjames.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie, thanks for the link! I will definitely check it out. I'm a true blue thrift shopper myself.

    ReplyDelete

This fashionable follower said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails